Urinary Incontinence in Newport Beach
Control Your Bladder, Control Your Life
Here are several types of urinary incontinence that our medical professionals know how to treat efficiently:
- Stress urinary incontinence- occurs when a physical activity like sneezing, running, coughing or heavy lifting places stress or pressure on your bladder.
- Urgency incontinence- involuntary urination that typically occurs when you feel a strong urge to urinate.
- Mixed incontinence- mixture of urge and stress incontinence
- Fistula incontinence- nonstop urine leakage due to an abnormal space between two organs, or the outside and an organ.
- Overflow incontinence- involuntary urination due to the bladder being too full, and it often occurs without any urge to pee.
Urinary incontinence – losing control of your bladder – can be an inconvenient and often embarrassing medical condition. The severity of the incontinence can range from urinating slightly when you sneeze or cough, to having a sudden urge to pee and not being able to reach the bathroom in time. The symptoms associated with this medical condition can prevent an individual from fully enjoying their day-to-day life by preventing them from doing what they love.
Evaluation of urinary incontinence:
- Complete history and physical exam
- Complex urodynamics study
Many people that have urinary incontinence are prevented from doing what they want because they do not want to be too far away from a toilet, just in case. A lot of people do not report having urinary incontinence because they are embarrassed. Some people believe that developing the condition is simply a part of getting older, but it’s not. It can be treated and Dr. Emad Hashemi at Women’s Center for Urogynecology has extensive experience treating and managing urinary incontinence. Let us help you live a stress-free and happy life.
Treatment of urinary incontinence:
- Conservative management with behavioral modifications & pelvic floor exercises
- Medical therapy
- Biofeedback & pelvic floor therapy
- Pessary (vaginal ring)
- TVT sling urethropexy
Contact us to schedule an appointment to treat your urinary incontinence today.
Proficient & Personalized Medical Services
Dr. Hashemi and our team of medical professionals have in-depth medical experience and a comprehensive understanding of how women’s bodies function. Dr. Hashemi is Board Certified in OB/GYN and Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, providing him with a unique insight into the female anatomy that many other doctors do not have. Our Newport Beach urinary incontinence doctor and our skilled staff work alongside patients to help create an all-encompassing, effective treatment plan for their urinary incontinence.
Call our Newport Beach urinary incontinence doctor today at (949) 207-7915 to schedule an appointment to treat your medical condition.