Hysterectomy in Newport Beach
Board Certified OB/GYN & FPMRS, Performing Hysterectomies
A hysterectomy is a procedure wherein we remove the patient’s uterus to treat a medical condition. There are many different types of hysterectomies, including:
- TVH (Transvaginal Hysterectomy, Minimally invasive)
- TLH ( Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Minimally invasive)
- LAVH (Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy, Minimally invasive)
- TRH (Total Robotic Hysterectomy, Minimally invasive)
- TAH (Total Abdominal Hysterectomy)
Our skilled doctor will utilize the most appropriate one to treat your specific medical problem. Our personalized method of care ensures each patient is given the individualized service, attention, and expertise they are due.
Several reasons for why you may need a hysterectomy include:
- Prolapsed uterus
- Fibroid uterus
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Uterine, cervical, or ovarian cancer
- Uterine pain, bleeding, or other problems
Call us at (949) 207-7915 to schedule an appointment today.
Hysterectomies & You
In performing a minimally invasive procedure hysterectomy, we will remove your uterus through smaller, less visible incisions in a variety of areas including your vagina, belly, or belly button. There are rarely visible scars after MIP hysterectomies and not all patients are suited for this procedure. Our Newport Beach urogynecologist is an expert at diagnosing which surgical technique would be the best fit for your uterus.
Depending on your specific medical condition, Dr. Hashemi may suggest to remove all, or only part of, your uterus. In conducting an abdominal hysterectomy, we remove the patient’s uterus through a small incision across their belly.
The various types of hysterectomies include:
- Total hysterectomy - Surgeon removes the entire uterus and cervix.
- Supracervical (subtotal) hysterectomy - Surgeon only removes the upper portion of the uterus.
- Total Hysterectomy with Bilateral salpingo-opherectomy (removing the uterus and cervix with ovaries and tubes)
Proficient & Compassionate
Dr. Emad Hashemi and our skilled staff are well-versed in performing hysterectomies. We have treated thousands of women over the past 17 years, helping many of them live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Women’s Center for Urogynecology is dedicated to providing effective, caring, and personalized medical care to all our patients.
Contact us today for more information about our Newport Beach urogynecology treatments.